Thursday, August 24, 2006

I decided to stop...

listings shoes on eBay for an hour and write something on this blog! It's been a few weeks since I have had the chance to sit down in front of the computer and not automatically start listing auctions or shipping shoes. I'm up to my eyeballs in sandals, pumps, and wedges! Oh, and a few men's shoes, too. Some I actually got to keep because they fit. I finally doubled my personal shoe collection to...6 pairs! You would think my closet would be full of them, right? C'mon, I'm not a woman!

Julia has been afflicted with the snotty nose bug, or whatever you call it. I think she passed it to me when I was giving her all those hugs and kisses she can't live without. She's had a rough time going to sleep the last few days, which means we have, too. Of course, it didn't help last night when every time I laid my head on the pillow my nostrils turned on like a fire hydrant. Thank God for aloe vera tissues.

Coan started school this week in the 3 year-old class. It is safe to say that he wasn't as excited as last year to be going back to school. His fits of uncontrollable freak-outs in the hallway and classroom when he gets dropped off are definitely getting less. Today when Steph dropped him off he only screamed for a couple of seconds. Tomorrow we're hoping for one second. Here he is on his first day...



As you can see, the word "Cheese" was not in his vocabulary that morning. I would think that he would be itching to go back to school after spending the summer at home. We did lots of playing and stuff, but the last month we have been mostly inside in the air conditioning. You can only play outside in the Texas heat for so long before you pass out and the fire ants attack you in the grass! We stopped going down to the school playground to hit golf balls since they don't water it in the summer and our driving range grass died. Hopefully it will rain soon!

Well, that's all for now. I guess I should do some work before they wake up from their naps. We're going to get on the webcam and talk to the family in Tulsa. Coan and his cousin are going to babble on about monster trucks and pooping on the potty. It should be priceless!

No comments: