Monday, September 11, 2006

five years had gone by...

since the Pentagon was attacked and the World Trade Center came down. Everybody remembers where they were when they heard about the attacks. With significant events like this one it's hard to forget. I was in bed (I still worked at night) when Steph called and told me to turn on the television. I sat at the foot of the bed watching the towers burn. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Then one collapsed. Then the other one crumbled to the ground. A chilling feeling came over me, and like most people, I could not stop watching the news coverage.

The night before, I was at a friend's house down the street. His birthday is today, September 11, and we were having a few beers to celebrate it early. He was in New York in November, 2001, and took this photo...


World Trade Center from Eric 11-2001

photo by Eric Rogers


Tragedies like this make you wonder about the world we live in. Is it safe to bring children into it? What will it be like for your grandchildren? I feel like we are safe. Life is too short to worry that we are not. But I sure hope we don't have to witness more attacks like the ones on September 11, 2001.

No comments: