Monday, May 07, 2007

A Fun and Busy Weekend

Last week my parents moved into a new house after selling my childhood abode. I only spent twelve years there, but they woke up almost every morning in that house for twenty-eight years. It was a little sad to see all of the furniture gone, my Dad mowing the yard for the last time, me taking home the old wooden tree swing with the rusted chain, and taking one last family photo with my parents, my sister and her family, and my wife and kids.



Twenty-eight years of memories. All of those memories make up who I was, who I am now, and who I aim to be. There were many happy times in that home. My parents are wonderful people who always made sure we knew what was important in life - faith, love, kindness, honesty, and compassion to name a few.

We are all comprised of more than just the DNA we are given. We are the end results of two people who decide to bring life into this world. We should all want our children to be wiser, stronger, and capable of doing things we only dream about. My parents are no exception. Thank you for all that you taught me over the years and for always being there when I needed you most. And thank you for the great childhood memories. I'll sure miss that house.



But I am definitely ready to go down the slide again into your new pool! Wahoooooooo!


1 comment:

BillG said...

Thanks for the reflections on a good house and home. We're looking forward to many fun years in the new place. And you had better bring your family back often, if I'm going to keep the pool!!