Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Online Poker Addiction

Now that summer has arrived and all of the shows we usually watch after the kids are asleep have had their season finales, I am finding myself in front of the computer playing poker more often. When I told my wife the other day that I just lost a few grand playing poker online she paused for a second and waited to hear me say that is was pretend money. She asked that from now on I use finger quotes when talking about online poker money so she is clear that I am gambling with "play dough" and not her paycheck.

Last night I entered the poker room with a little over 13,000 in "cash" and after losing about 5,000 "dollars" in one room I left for another. I eventually found a table to my liking and racked up another 10,000 "greenbacks" before calling it a night. Not bad for 50/100 tables.

This, of course, is the exact opposite of how I end up after a "Dad's Night Out" poker game for real money. I usually come home $50 lighter in the wallet and a pound heavier from the beer.

I like my odds better playing online for fake "cabbage."

1 comment:

Muhammad Amir said...

This is the potential revenue that can be made by the pokemon implementation of online poker regulation. Online poker has been going strong for at least ten years,