Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Future of The Dallas Cowboys

It was a warm and muggy Sunday afternoon. Not even a cold chocolate milkshake could quench the thirst of a four-year old boy on the way to his first Dallas Cowboys Training Camp.

"Are we at the game, yet?" he would ask more than a dozen times in less than an hour.

"Pretty soon," was my repeated response. "And it's not really a game, it's practice."

The anticipation was killing me, too. It had been five years since I had been to a Dallas Cowboys Training Camp. In 2003 my son was only a month old and I wasn't able to make the trip to San Antonio from Austin to see them again. Then they pulled out of Texas in 2004 to hold training camp in California. One of the worst things you can do to a Cowboys fan is take the team to California for practice. This year they made it back to San Antonio to the delight of over 135,000 fans.

Find out if my son made the team this year by clicking...

Quirkee logo

1 comment:

anthony said...

Seriously. Beautiful.