Sunday, August 12, 2007

Time to Share. Sharing is Caring

One of the fun things that gets passed around bloggers is the Blogger Interview. It is kind of like the meme's (still not sure what that means) but shorter and the questions are determined by the blogger who sends the interview to you. Mine was done by my cyber pal and also former bartender, Whit, over at The Honea Express.

The Rules of Engagement are posted at the end of this interview so if you want to particpate please leave a comment. Here is what Whit had for me:

Okay, you're on the hot seat!


1. Why would you root for the Dallas Cowboys when the Pittsburgh Steelers are obviously the better team? (come on, you knew this was coming)

Well, it all started one day in 1972 when I was born at Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, Texas. I went to a few games with my Dad as a kid and was a fan from the start. Now, had I been born in Pittsburgh I would probably root for the Steelers even though everybody knows the Cowboys are really the better team.

2. Your blog is featured as part of the Austin American-Statesman. How did you score that gig?

One day I received a phone call from the editor at the Statesman and he asked if I would please be a part of the Reader Blogs since they were really hurting for funny and original content.

OK, not really. First, I registered online with the Statesman. Then I went to the "Start Your Own Blog" page, created my blogging name and title for my URL, uploaded a profile photo and information about myself, and started writing! They have posted my blog name in the newspaper with a little tidbit of info and the URL address. I haven't made it to the editorial page in the newspaper like another blogger there, but hope to one day write something they think is worth printing!

3. What is Quirkee Knowledge?

Quirkee Knowledge is a collection of funny or strange trivia and facts. It is part of the Quirkee.com site and we are currently creating a series of books that will one day soon grace the shelves at a bookstore near you!


4. If you were able to make obscene amounts of money doing just one of these, would you rather be a golfer, a photographer or a writer?

That's a tough question. Right off the bat I can narrow it down to golf or photography. Both of those gigs would keep me outside and allow me to see many parts of the world. The amount of money is probably more obscene playing golf with all of the endorsements I would get and the 1st place winnings piling up in my bank account.

I think if I had to choose one I would choose photography as a job and play golf for fun. I love being able to create photos and capture moments in time that are otherwise gone forever. I also wouldn't turn down a gig to be a sports photographer for Golf Digest, the PGA, or the Associated Press, but those are seriously hard jobs to land.


5. Do you still have the Rocky tuxedo pants, or should I say, do you wear them often?

Unfortunately, I outgrew those pants about 12 years ago. And when I say "outgrew" I mean not only did I not fit in them anymore but I was too old to pull off wearing them in public ever again. I kept them to wear around the house in the winter but after several years of my then girlfriend (now wife) making fun of me I gave them to Goodwill. I'm sure there is some other fortunate man out there who still fits in them and wears them with pride.

According to the rules, which Whit is a stickler for, I am to post this information:

Interview rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions

Thanks for the interview, Whit!

6 comments:

Whit said...

No problem. Kind of fun, isn't it?

I think photography is an outlet which I have just recently started to appreciate.

Anonymous said...

we rounded this interview thing quite some time back on my blog, so I will pass, but you answered your questions great!

I wish you would add the correct daddyshack url to your profile, because I am lazy and stuff

Anonymous said...

I just noticed on your blog community that a lot of people visit here, are they comment wimps? COME ON PEOPLE, FOR THE SWEET LOVE OF MARY MOTHER OF JESUS, COMMENT ON THE POOR GUYS BLOG

James Grayson said...

Maybe I should offer up the Awesome Dude Blogger Award to the blogger who comments the most in the next 30 days.

Huh? How about it bloggers? Any of you Awesome enough to take on that challenge?

Of course, it could be that I don't write stuff worth commenting on. :(

Unknown said...

We became Cowboys fans the same year! I have never been to one of their games, though. My great-grandmother was probably their biggest fan. If they lost and you called her within a couple days of that loss, you would really get an earful. It wasn't pretty.

herotristan said...

xps m1330 akku Fabulous post, I want to check out a couple of your other messages. Thank you!